Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crackled Clock Turorial


I am in the process of painting our family room and one of the projects I have been working on is - Repainting a Clock!

This clock, my dear sister gave to me a few years back, that I love (& yes, I asked for her permission to paint it again:) !).

I decided to use a Crackle Finish on it.


I used these SUPPLIES:
WEATHERED CRACKLE GLAZE
BASE PAINT (black)
TOP COAT PAINT (antique white)
PAINT BRUSH
NEWSPAPER (or something to protect your flat surface)
PLASTIC TRAY ('GOING GREEN' I used an old ice cream lid)


FIRST -
I painted the whole clock with the Black Paint.


SECOND -
I painted 1 coat of the Weathered CRACKLE GLAZE. Let it dry for 1 hour.


THIRD -
I painted a coat of the Antique White Paint over the dried Crackle Glaze and watched it perform it's MAGIC!

I did have to touch up in the creases with the Black Paint to make it look sharp!

1 comment: